And we are sooo behind recording her milestones. I was trying to remember some but seem to have forgotten most now. So, last Sunday (Oct 27) she cut tooth number 2 - the bottom front left and three weeks before that, on a Saturday, Oct 5, she cut tooth number 1 - bottom front right. That was the same day that she suddenly learned to sit up all by herself. She'd been sitting when propped up by us for a month or so. Forgot that date. The night she cut the tooth she spent a couple hours repeatedly sitting up and lying down then sitting back up - while she was supposed to be going to sleep of course. It was pretty cute though and she was so proud of herself. I can't believe how fast the tooth came in. I noticed that there was a crevasse in the gum in the morning and by that evening I could feel the tooth out of the skin. Right now I think she might be close to three more coming through. The two top front ones are super visible and I think the bottom right may be close but she doesn't let me look. Maia's first tooth was Dec 5 and it was the bottom left front - 7.5 months. Anya's first was at 8 months.
Anya had been covering ground quite well with her rolling but she finally started crawling Oct 18th. I assume it's because I really had hoped to make it to Jane Austin's amazing precrawling mom and baby yoga class at least once and was finally going to get a chance to go but she started crawling the day after my friend and I planned it. In comparison, Maia started crawling Nov 3rd - when she was 6.5 months. Anya was 8.5 months. I know we can't compare them, and Anya is significantly larger than Maia was. Not that I've weighed her lately. I don't do the weekly weigh-ins like I did with Maia. Going to a new parents group isn't really feasible with Maia in tow.
Maia was cruising when she was 7.5 months. Anya is just starting to sort of pull herself up onto things. Maia was also walking at the end of 10 months. I doubt Anya's going to make that.
Anya loves to eat everything we give her and we pretty much give her whatever we're eating.
We'll celebrate her 9 months by going to the Dia de los Muertos procession tonight. And hopefully getting a little photo shoot in.
No comments:
Post a Comment