Thursday, 23 June 2011

Road trip to Oregon

Maia survived a 9 hour drive in pretty extreme heat to Bend, Oregon yesterday to visit I-Pa and Gramma. She only slept for 3 hours of that and didn't get too grumpy. There were episodes of course but I mostly stopped them with lots of snacks and toys. And listening to baby crack - Music Together CDs. I got to sit in the back seat the entire way which is NOT comfortable since there is virtually no leg room in the back of a Mini. Maia spent some time practicing putting on her socks and managed it a couple times. We'll see if that talent sticks.

She now says Baa for a sheep and Neigh for a horse. But STILL refuses to say meow for a cat.

We're off to Corvallis on Saturday which is only about 3 hours so hopefully she'll be ok with that. I assume we'll have some stops along the way - maybe Black Butte Ranch and/or the Metolius River. And it won't be as hot.

No comments: