Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Van Dweller & Laundry Lady

The crazies were out in our neighborhood on Tuesday. Van Dweller (and no, he's not the only one) pulled in after the street cleaner went by on Tuesday to what is apparently a highly desirable spot for vehicle dwellers - the spot immediately to the left of our house (if you are looking out of the house). This particular van has been there before, as have others. He spent more time than necessary making sure he was parked adequately and appeared to be trying to ask a passing cyclist if he thought it was ok. Cyclist clearly thought he was a crazy. Which I agree with. This morning when we left the house he'd affixed a burning incense stick to the parking sign just outside his passenger door. WTF??? Kept seeing him chilling in the passenger side today. Todd exchanged "heys" with him tonight when he took the bins out. Felt it was the thing to do since they go out right next to his door and he was chilling there again.

Laundry Lady (who I recognize as having come to our door more than once before but I never give her a chance to tell me what she wants) stopped by again and asked if she could do her laundry here because she had a job interview but then mumbled something about a day care down the street having a bunch of laundry needing to be done, or something like that, and then flashed her drivers license at me. I told her I have no laundry facilities. Seriously, who randomly goes to someone's house and asks if they can do their laundry????

Guess that's what we get for living in the city. I'll try to sneak a photo of Van Dweller's abode tomorrow to post here. Unless he has somewhere to go, I guess he'll be here until street cleaning on Tuesday. And even then there are no guarantees he won't just pull out as the cleaner goes by and pull back in again like everyone else.

The Van. 




No comments: