Wednesday, 8 August 2012
First school visit
Last Friday, Maia and I attended a playdate at her new school. She was very quiet and reserved until the very end. She was also adamant that it was dance class so insisted on wearing her tutu. When we got in the car to come home she asked me why there were other kids at her school. I told her that's how school works - you go with other kids. She informed me that she does not want to go to school with other kids. I asked if she wanted to make new friends and she said "no, I don't". Tonight I told her that we're going to play at her school again on Sunday. And she again informed me that she does not want new friends. Sigh. She'll adjust, I assume. She is going through a particularly difficult time with sharing right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
homeschool! just kidding. she'll make friends, or just be the weird kid who hangs out by herself.
Post a Comment