
Today Maia weighed 16 lbs 7.5 oz
Bonus photos of Maia enjoying the swing today at the playground with Siri. Crazy hot day today. Is it really November???
Maia has truly begun crawling this week. I think yesterday was the first day she really got her arms going. It's a bit slow (yay!) but she is definitely cruising! And we aren't even remotely ready! Today she was also doing a great job of going from crawling position to sitting.
Following her introduction to avocados which was a big hit, Maia has also tried green beans from our garden mixed with breast milk (a few times with moderate success), kale mixed with breast milk once (nope!), broccoli rabe once (big yarg!), brown rice that I ground up and mixed with breast milk a couple times (not so much). The best reaction since the avocado came today when she tried some banana. First I chewed some up and gave it to her and she was ok with it but still made a bit of a yucky face each time. Then I let her put her mouth on the banana which she seemed to enjoy but was a bit shocked when she actually got a bit in her mouth. Tonight I chewed up lentils and gave them to her. I suppose she maybe ate the equivalent of 2 lentils. She made a yucky face the first couple times but then stopped with the faces. I think she was just distracted by the toys she was playing with so wasn't paying that much attention to what I was sticking in her mouth. She also ate a very small bit of fuzz she found on the carpet today and then proceeded to spit it up - as in spit up some thick curdled milk with the fuzz. Yum. We really haven't been doing very well with the solids since the kitchen was disassembled over a week ago. It's a bit hard to prepare anything for her with no kitchen. We also aren't making any progress convincing her to drink milk out of the sippy cup. But we also aren't being very persistent.
No comments:
Post a Comment