Weight: 19 lbs 48th %ile
Height: 2' 4" 52nd %ile
Head: 17.2 inches 27th %ile
Yep, she's a bit of a pinhead. Dr. Simons initially told us her head was 7th %ile - accidentally plugged it into the chart for boys. He also noted what an 'active' child she is, although she was relatively calm at the time. Calm by her standards anyway.
For the past couple of weeks Maia has been mimicking sounds and words she hears. I first noticed this when we were in Boulder. Some I can recall are "choo" for "ahh-choo", banana (a bit longer and not quite right but clearly was copying me) and umbrella. Besides the mimicry, there's a lot of babbling going on. And tonight some full on screeching while out to dinner.
On Wednesday at our homebirth group I put Maia down on her feet and she kind of stuck the landing and balanced for about 30 secs. She was pretty excited too and did it a few more times. She's done it a few times since but not for nearly as long as the first time.
Maia's practicing her walking again now that we've received Terran & Zane's old walker block wagon that we shipped to ourselves after she fell in love with it while in Boulder. She's also doing the sit & spin and sliding backwards on her tummy on wood floors.
Sorry, no photos. Some sort of irritating issue with the internet I guess. As usual. Please see Cindy's blog for some of our photos from the Boulder trip: http://copelandfan.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment