Saturday, 23 July 2011

Black Butte Ranch & the Beaver Trail! June 25


Todd & Maia in front of the butte. With the lodge etc in the background.





Touching the water!


Walking along the Beaver Trail

We stopped at Black Butte on the way from Bend to Corvallis. I hadn't been there since senior year of college and I don't know the last time I'd been to the Beaver Trail. Although Maia was really ready for a nap, we parked as close as we could and walked up to the Beaver Trail. Only 17 minutes. Wow, sure thought that was a much longer distance as a kid AND I was always on a bike. I'm not sure if I've ever walked that path. Maia was really grumpy which was sad and detracted from my enjoyment but it was still really nice to finally see the Beaver Trail again. My favorite spot at Black Butte. Maia really wanted to get into the water and didn't seem to mind how cold it is. This also contributed to her grumpiness since obviously we weren't going to let her walk in the water.

No comments: