Tuesday, 19 July 2011
Teething and sleeping
The four molars coming in at once have caused a lot of difficulties. Sleeping at night is horrible. I no longer even look at the time that she wakes up to nurse because it happens so often. Some nights I feel like I've nursed her all night. And when we break down and give her ibuprofen we only get 2 uninterrupted hours of sleep. Three nights now I've spent some time sleeping on Maia's floor "bed" with Mowzle for a bit so that she'll settle down. The ability to nurse constantly keeps her from sleeping. Last Wednesday she had a fever of around 100 most of the day and was so sad and listless. We spent most of the day on her bed, dozing off and on. It was really sad seeing her like that. We think it was teething related because she had no other signs of illness. The following day the fever was gone but she was drooling a ridiculous amount which she hasn't done in forever. And she's sort of chewing on me again. At least it's not nearly as painful as it was last time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment