Monday, 3 October 2011

Little Venice/Regent's Canal/Regent's Park, London: September 19th

Little Venice

Artwork on the canal made by kids with trash

Maia with canal boats

Canal boat enclave

Entrance to the enclave

Guess it's somewhat permanent canal boat mooring since they have gardens and stuff.

And now for a completely different living experience! 

Attempting to scale the fence, as usual.

Showing me some bit of crap she picked up. No, not actual crap.

No way, she's actually facing me for a photo!

And again!

Probably thinking about picking something. (she did in fact pick a purple flower)

Really annoyed with being in the stroller at this point. 

Love the billowing coat.

Took about 20 photos on this bench. Mostly of the back of her head. 
Probably thinking about scaling this fence too so she can get to the water.

Only facing me because I used a trick - asked her to show me her tongue. Wonder how long this will last. 
Maia and I walked along the Regent's Canal from behind Paddington Station, through Little Venice and up to Regent's Park. With a little detour along the canal in the wrong direction. And a couple other detours when we couldn't stay on the towpath. Took us 2 hours which was FAR longer than I'd anticipated. Maia did surprisingly well. Ate tons of snacks and took her shoes and socks off eventually out of boredom. Then ran around like a maniac once set free in the park. I enjoyed seeing a part of London that was new to me. I still prefer the rural canal setting through Bath but this was mostly lovely too. Just a bit more urban/industrial.

No comments: