Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Ottolenghi: September 21st

Awwwww

Yum.


Lemon Raspberry cupcake. It was pretty good but I expected more. 
I've been hearing about Yotam Ottolenghi on the various food blogs I peruse so was very excited to discover we were staying near one of his shops while in London. It was very good but not as amazing as I'd expected. Tartine definitely makest better pain au chocolat. And I compared the cinnamon sugar brioche to the Tartine morning bun and Tartine wins there too. The cupcake was really lacking a wow factor. I've had the passion fruity layered cake at Tartine and it is incredible. The cupcake was merely good. The berry crumble muffin though was outstanding. I definitely did enjoy the treats from Ottolenghi and am very happy we went but Tartine is, based on my limited tasting of 4 items, by far the better bakery.

No comments: