Saturday, 30 April 2011

Maia's 1st Birthday Party! April 16, 2011

My craft project!


Trying to feed Maia a cupcake.

Pia and Oszkar

Ben, Lux & Amaris and some of their parents

Diana & Zane

Pure bliss! Love the headdress. Created it herself. Zoe is such a fashionista!

Cindy and a pack of kids.

So fun to finally have a party in our backyard!


Maia's first Birthday party was held in our backyard on what turned out to be a lovely warm-enough day. Cindy graciously helped out with the party despite the fact that it was actually HER birthday. Thank you Cnid! I had envisioned vanilla cupcakes decorated with simple and colorful flowers but had a difficult time finding appropriate (and easy) decor so ended up using m&m type things that were lovely colors but didn't end up as I'd hoped. And the chocolate didn't go well with vanilla bean cupcakes with citrus cream cheese frosting. The cupcakes (and especially the frosting!!!) were fabulous though! Found the recipes at http://cupcakeblog.com/ Surprisingly, Maia didn't seem to like her cake.

All five of Maia's cousins were able to come to the party since the Boulder contingent were visiting for the week. Other guests: Oszkar and his parents Johunna & Kevin, Lux and her mom Wendy, Amaris and her parents Cancion & Matt, Ben and his parents Chrissy & Derek, Rowan and his parents Melissa & Earl. Sadly none of the midwives made it. I knew it was unlikely that any of them would have time but I was hopeful.

I think Maia had fun at her party. She seemed to enjoy cruising around the yard which she hadn't really done before to that extent.

I made Maia a fabric birthday banner that we can use every year. I had the idea weeks in advance but of course I didn't do anything about it until the week before so frantically slaved away (ok, not quite that bad) to get it done in time. It's not perfect but I do think it's rather lovely and I'm really happy that I managed to make it for her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures. I feel like I was at the party now. Thanks. Maia looks so pretty. Dory