Saturday, 9 April 2011

Updates

Fourth tooth has finally broken through the skin! Now she has 2 on top and 2 on the bottom. Todd thinks the top 2 look very large and she's going to have rabbit teeth. I'm sure it'll be ok.

Maia and I (barely) survived having Todd gone M-F last week. It was tough. And we were both pretty sick with horrible colds and slept terribly. But we made it. And now he owes me, and more than just the extra hour of sleep I got this morning because he got up with her.

Maia is now very reluctant to say "quack" or "quack quack" which is disappointing since we keep telling people she says it but then she refuses. She is however quite happy to say "hi" frequently, just not to people we ask her to say it to. And she's experimenting with "bye". Apparently she said "bye bye" to her kiwi fruit this morning when she and Todd put the extra away.

She's pretty much full on walking now. Has it pros and cons. Overall it's good. She and her little friends are just too cute - all these little miniature people doing a bit of a zombie walk. She was getting pretty excited at music class yesterday when Siri and another little boy (ridiculously cute Emilio) got a bit wild and were running around. Maia was squealing and trying to run with them.

Maia and I did a little gardening on Friday and she was pretty good. Didn't eat anything she shouldn't (beyond chewing on some stakes that had soil on the ends but I can live with her eating a bit of dirt) and didn't destroy any plants. We weren't down there for long. Just long enough to plant some snap pea seeds and water. I really want her to appreciate and love the garden and be involved in the process so I need to keep taking her down there. First I need to actually get the garden planted and I'd rather do that alone.

No comments: