Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Real communication!

Maia's language skills are out of control! I really can't keep up with recording stuff now.

She was knocking on the back kitchen door to nowhere and saying "hi". I asked who she was talking to and she said "people". I didn't actually see any people out there. People actually sounds more like "peepoo". And speaking of pee and poo, she continues to tell us "I poop" and usually means it. But sometimes it's just farts and probably pee. Now we have to sort out a plan to get her to actually use the potty. She likes to sit on it but really doesn't seem to know what to do/how to do it.

Today we were waiting in the window for Todd/Daddy to return with dinner (from Little Chihuahua, of course) and she kept saying "I see you" which eventually turned into "I see you, Da-deee".

She's been chatting with the boys a lot lately. Gets right into their faces and says lots of serious stuff. Basil, obviously, hates this and barely tolerates it. Mowzle goes along with it a bit. Maia and Mowzle were playing together the other day. He was sitting in the laundry basket licking it, as he strangely loves to do, and she was pulling the basket. He didn't tolerate that for very long and got out so she kept trying to convince him through language and gestures to get back in. Even asked me to put him back in. And then she decided to pick him up to put him back in I assume. I stopped it at that point. She keeps trying to pick him up and that's not going to end well for one of them.

Airplane (airpane) and train are two favorites right now. She LOVED riding the real trains in England and I think she was rather disappointed yesterday when I told her we were taking the train, but it was only MUNI. But she's still excited to see them and says "train" every time.

Last night I told her she couldn't have a book because we were eating dinner. So she handed me her dinner and then reached for the book. Evil genius?

Getting close to opening doors. Not sure how that'll be dealt with.

Tonight Todd went to get dinner at Little Chihuahua. Maia was occupied with having some milk as he was leaving and I was telling him I wanted a taco. As he was walking down the stairs, she stopped nursing, waved her arm out towards where he'd gone and yelled "taco". Placing her order I guess. She also apparently says burrito now too.

No comments: