Sunday, 8 May 2011

Talking & Singing

Tonight Siri was drinking from a cup that Maia often plays with so Maia had a loud whiny tantrumy thing because she wanted the cup. And at one point we are all pretty sure she yelled "juice".

Tonight I was singing Baby Beluga to Maia while she nursed before bed and when I sang "way down yonder where the dolphins play, where you dive and splash all day" she suddenly sat up and sang "all day" along with me. Todd and I are both pretty certain that's what happened.

Maia is beginning to wave much more frequently now - she did a lot of waving today. She also said hi to a dog and to a few random people that we walked past. She tosses out the "hi" to randoms more often now. So "hi" is now shared with others besides the cats, although they are still by far the greatest recipients of her "hi" and waves.

Yesterday Maia began pointing at cats. We bought a new bag of cat food and it was sitting in the hall. She cruised on down the hall and then I didn't hear her doing anything and she didn't respond when I called to her. I found her standing in front of the bag staring the picture of a cat's face and then she pointed at it. Pointed at it a few other times. Then, last night Todd was reading Each Peach Pear Plum to her and she kept pointing at the cat when it showed up on the pictures.

We also think she might have been trying to say "woof" tonight when reading a dog book. It was more of a blowing air out of her mouth sort of sound but it did seem a bit like an attempt to say woof.

Todd also got her to blow air out of her mouth yesterday by copying him when he lightly blew in her face. She's amused by this.

No comments: