Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Maia stuff

Today Maia repeated/copied/mimicked me and said "woof" and "buzz". The other night we were trying to get her to give Todd a high-five so kept telling her to "high-five daddy" and we both thought it sounded like she said "high-five daddy" - in a very garbled way of course.

She's been walking while holding onto one of my fingers. But she tends to veer in a circle.

Over the past couple of weeks she's suddenly developed a preference for one of her blankets. It's pretty cute. She likes to rub it on her face when she's nursing and she looks for it and bites it. I'm wondering if I should get a second one so I can have a blanket rotation and avoid the freak outs that occur when the favorite blanket must be washed. She does have another very nice organic blanket but it's just not the same.

Maia's new trick is showing off her tongue. We ask where her tongue is and she sticks it out and makes a sticking out your tongue noise. We're trying to get her to make a crazy eye thing the way the Maori do when performing a haka. We've also been trying to teach her where her nose is. She'll grab our noses when we ask her where they are but yesterday I asked her where her nose was and she showed me her tongue.

She's also gotten very good at putting a lid on a jar - she practices this while hanging out in the "kitchen". She also puts the lid in another container and shakes it around like a rattle. Today she kept handing the lid to me so I could put it on her head.

She's finally learned how to make a noise when blowing into the kazoo.

She continues to harass the cats. She's begun offering toys to Mowzle who does not appreciate the offers, of course. He's given her the threat of a bite a few times and she just laughs. I really hope when he does reach his limit he scratches instead. He scratched her friend Oszkar last week - Oszkar growled and pulled his tail. And he was already out of sorts so I should've been paying more attention to keeping the babies away from the cats. At least Oszkar has 4 cats and a mom who is understanding of what cats do but I still feel really horrible that Mowzle attacked a baby other than his own.

Maia continues to try to put on her shoes and socks. And other peoples shoes.

No comments: