Sunday, 27 March 2011

Third tooth!

Finally, the terrible sleeping of the past few nights is explained! I suspected that was the problem, as the top two teeth have been visible under the gums for quite some time. I just discovered, while trying rather unsuccessfully to get her to continue sleeping while not simultaneously nursing, that one of them has broken through. I've heard people compare teeth breaking through the skin to the pain of a broken bone (don't think it's that bad for her, but I know it affects them all differently) and I've heard that if adults had to experience that pain, we'd kill ourselves. Also seems a bit extreme to me. Regardless, it's clearly pretty painful and worse while sleeping. So, we've administered teething gel and camilia and now Todd is getting her to sleep.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Baby. Glad that's over. She'll be able to eat almost anything now.